Dear Friends and Citizens,
Our role in the Freedom Movement reaches every aspect of our lives and is a life-long and multi-generational effort. It took many generations for the left to methodically take over academia, media, Hollywood, charitable foundations and eventually politics, in order to undermine traditional American values.
And so, in addition to our political efforts, we can use our buying power and gift giving to teach our children (and all children that we know) the traditional stories learned by past generations. Every dollar spent promotes the creation of more of these products that preserve American culture and values.
Replace some of the plastic products from China or the filler gifts with gifts that will bring children on the same journey that past generations of Americans have travelled. Children are in desperate need of real heroes, due to the complete removal of God and the removal of 90% of information about George Washington from what was common in textbooks 50 years ago.
Below are some suggestions:
1. The Books of William Bennett. Our former Education Secretary under Ronald Reagan is a prolific author of wonderful books that teach our children the virtues that made America great and the story of our extraordinary country from the perspective of the rare academic who loves and admires our country. 3 books are highlighted below, but Bennett has books for children of all ages that provide a wide variety of important teachings.
The Patriots Almanac Inspiring half-page entries related to American history for all 365 days of the year, plus a listing of All-American movies and much more. We read this each night before dinner and it entertains the whole family. An enduring favorite.
The Children’s Book of Heroes Short Stories of heroes that young children should know and will love reading.
The Book of Man For boys starting around 12 and into adulthood, the short stories in this book show the way in a positive, uplifting manner. Using profiles, stories, letters, poems, essays, historical vignettes, and myths to bring his subject to life, The Book of Man defines what a man should be, how he should live, and to what he should aspire in several key areas of life: war, work, leisure, and more. “Whether we take up the sword, the plow, the ball, the gavel, our children, or our Bibles,” says Bennett, “we must always do it like the men we are called to be.” The Book of Man shows how.
[Note on Amazon – I have purchased multiple copies
of these books on Amazon and appreciate its e-commerce prowess. However, currently Amazon is not carrying
several of these items in stock and so that caused me to find alternatives,
while also attempting to follow the advice of supporting what we want to
2. The Children’s Books of Ingri and Edgar Parin D’Aulaire. Their classic book on Greek Mythology is probably the most famous, but these immigrants from Europe produced many excellent children’s books about America including books on Ben Franklin, Columbus, Buffalo Bill, and George Washington. All are good gifts for elementary school children. Their 1940 book about Abraham Lincoln celebrates one of America’s most beloved Presidents.
3. The short videos of Drive Thru history with Dave Stotts. I just recently learned about these videos from a friend and they have proven to be entertaining for children and adults as well. At about a half hour each, set in the locations of the history lesson, not shying away from religious aspects of history, and with a young and funny narrator, you will feel a lot better about popping in a video to keep the kids quiet. There is a large catalog of Drive Thru History videos, I have just linked to one:
4. The Constitution Quest Board Game. Your family can enjoy this board game and learn about the Constitution at the same time. Play as teams and help your children in school for years to come. Made in America. It’s actually cheaper on the manufacturer site than on Amazon.
5. American Foundations Puzzles from Wallbuilders. There are 3 puzzles of different levels depicting our founding from Wallbuilders, which is run by the great historian David Barton. Check out the Wallbuilders site for an incredible variety of books and videos that teach about the religious aspects of our founding from his personal collection of over 100,000 original source documents from the founding era.
For those parents concerned about the negative effects of our decaying society, here is a short article by the wise Dennis Prager: If You Want a Conservative Child
To unsubscribe, please reply to this e-mail with Unsubscribe in the subject line.